About the Adopt Program
Adopt gifts range in award from $2000 to $4000 per year. Amounts are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. The exact amount a student qualifies for is based on his or her FAFSA results.
ADOPT STUDENT ELIGIBILITY
In order to be eligible for financial assistance from the Adopt Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the FAFSA before the Adopt deadline and demonstrate financial need.
- Complete the Adopt application by the deadline.
ADOPT APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Fall Semester: Drop/Add day (first week of classes)
- Failure to submit the completed application by this date will result in a loss of all funding.
- Spring Semester (new entrants only): Drop/Add day (first week of classes)
- No exceptions can be made for these deadlines – please make note of them and complete and return all required items by the deadline.
Requirements While in the Adopt Program
Failure to comply with the following requirements by the deadline will result in the loss of all funding:
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 on a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Write thank you letters to each of your adoptive parents twice a semester, due by the deadline.
- Complete all hours of volunteer service per year:
- $2000 award | 4 hours of service
- $3000 award | 6 hours of service
- $4000 award | 8 hours of service
- Attend any meetings assigned by the Adopt Coordinator.
A student with a GPA of less than 2.0 will be put on a one semester probation. Failure to raise grades to the minimum after that semester will result in a loss of all funding.
Adopt Requirement Deadlines
- Monday, Sept. 27, 2022, by 5 p.m. – First set of fall thank-you letters are due. Last names A-L
Monday, Oct. 3, 2022, by 5 p.m. – First set of fall thank-you letters are due. Last names M-Z
- Monday, April 4, 2023 by 5 p.m. – Second set of spring thank-you letters are due. Last names A-L
Monday, April 11, 2023 by 5 p.m. – Second set of spring thank-you letters are due. Last names M-Z
Friday, April 28, 2023 – All service hours due by the last day of classes
Interested in Becoming a Donor?