About the Adopt Program
Adopt gifts range in award from $1000 to $4000 per year. Amounts are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. The exact amount a student qualifies for is based on his or her FAFSA results.
ADOPT STUDENT ELIGIBILITY
In order to be eligible for financial assistance from the Adopt Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the FAFSA before the Adopt deadline and demonstrate financial need.
- Complete the Adopt application by the deadline.
ADOPT APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Priority Deadline Fall Semester: August 1
- Priority Deadline Spring Semester (new entrants only): January 1
- The last possible day to turn in applications for each semester is the Drop/Add day (first week of classes) of that semester. No exceptions can be made for these deadlines – please make note of them and complete and return all required items by the deadline.
- Failure to submit the completed application by this date will result in a loss of all funding.
Requirements While in the Adopt Program
Failure to comply with the following requirements by the deadline will result in the loss of all funding:
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 on a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Write thank you letters to each of your adoptive parents once a semester, due by the deadline.
- Expectation of a service mindset.
- Good standing with the Dean of Students’ Office.
- Attend any meetings assigned by the Adopt Coordinator.
A student with a GPA of less than 2.0 will be put on a one semester probation. Failure to raise grades to the minimum after that semester will result in a loss of all funding.
Adopt Requirement Deadlines
- Monday, Sept. 25, 2023 by 5 p.m. – First set of fall thank-you letters are due. Last names A-L
Monday, Oct. 2, 2023 by 5 p.m. – First set of fall thank-you letters are due. Last names M-Z
- Monday, April 1, 2024 by 5 p.m. – Second set of spring thank-you letters are due. Last names A-L
Monday, April 8, 2024 by 5 p.m. – Second set of spring thank-you letters are due. Last names M-Z
Meet Jocelyn Slone, Adopt Program Coordinator
Hi, my name is Jocelyn Slone. I work in the Advancement Office and coordinate the Adopt Program Coordinator. I am excited to help you in this journey in coming to Florida College. Please read through all of the information about this program and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me by email email@example.com or by phone 813.988.5131 ext. 102.
Interested in Becoming a Donor?